Webcast registration opens for 2015 RRC Meeting
The 17th Annual Meeting of the Retirement Research Consortium will take place at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on August 6 & 7.
There is a live webcast of the meeting on both days, and you can register ahead of time below. Please note that you need to register separately for each day.
In-person registration is also available here: http://conference.nber.org/confer/reply/rrc15.html
MRRC’s presenters are:
· David Neumark (University of California at Irvine), “Does Eliminating the Earnings Test Increase Old-Age Poverty of Women?”
· Eric French (University College of London and Institute for Fiscal Studies), “The Effect of the Affordable Care Act on the Labor Supply, Savings, and Social Security of Older Americans”
· David Love (Williams College), “The Comprehensive Wealth of Immigrants and Natives”
· Emma Aguila (University of Southern California), “Social Security Contributions and Return Migration Among Older Mexican Immigrants”
· Helen Levy (University of Michigan), “The Effect of Health Reform on Retirement”
· Marco Angrisani (University of Southern California), “Nonmonetary Job Characteristics and Employment Transitions at Older Ages”
· Brooke Helppie McFall (University of Michigan), “Changing Work Demands and Compositional Changes in Occupations: Effects on Expected Retirement”
The meeting is sponsored by the NBER Retirement Research Center, the University of Michigan Retirement Research Center (MRRC), and the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College (CRR), and with support from the Social Security Administration (SSA) as part of the Retirement Research Consortium.
SSA posts two positions for economists
The Social Security Administration, Data Analysis and Strategic Planning Branch, Division of Management and Information Analysis, has posted two positions of interest in the Office of Disability Adjudication (ODAR).
ODAR seeks a person to handle the full scope of multiple research studies and projects. This is a mid-level developmental position. Details here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/410072000
ODAR also seeks a project leader in charge of conducting analyses on policies affecting SSA programs, as well as forecasting various SSA workloads of significance to ODAR operations. This position will serve as a consultant and advisor to management officials. Details here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/410070900 SSA seeks Social Insurance Specialists with research backgrounds
The Social Security Administration’s Office of Data Exchange and Policy Publications is looking for individuals to work on our data exchange research agreements. They are particularly interested in individuals with a research background. Job details here: http://1.usa.gov/1M22Ugq